This page provides an overview of Friends Life’s FCA reportable complaints data.
At Friends Life we’re passionate about delivering excellent customer service. Everything starts with understanding your point of view, seeing life through your eyes and building products and services which not only meet but surpass your expectations.
We always aim to get things right first time but occasionally things go wrong. Complaints tell us where we’re going wrong and how we can improve our products and services. We’re continually investing in the development of our people and our processes and continuing to act on feedback and getting better at what matters most to you.
How does the complaints process work?
- You can complain in any way you choose; telephone, email, in writing or in person
- We have dedicated teams of complaint handlers with the appropriate knowledge, skills and expertise to deal with your complaint
- Like all other financial services firms, the FCA ask us to report to them how many complaints we close within 3 days and 3 days to 8 weeks. This is the information you’ll see in the table below. Our aim at Friends Life is to resolve the majority of complaints within 10 days. If we can’t, we’ll let you know why and when you can expect to hear from us.
- If you’re not happy with our response then you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review (www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk)
- In order to learn from complaints we constantly analyse what you tell us and we continuously look at ways of improving our service, processes, systems, training and products as a result
On 13 April 2015 Friends Life became part of the Aviva Group. The data in the table below is purely in relation to Friends Life customers. The complaints data for Aviva can be found by clicking here.
Friends Life Customer complaints data for the period 1 July 2016 - 31 December 2016
|Number of complaints opened by volume of business|
|Product / Service Grouping||Provision (at reporting period end date)||Intermediation (within the reporting period)||Number of complaints opened||Number of complaints closed||Percentage closed within 3 days||Percentage closed after 3 days but within 8 weeks||Percentage upheld *||Main cause of complaints opened|
|Banking and credit cards||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Insurance and pure protection||1.08 per 1000 policies in force||N/A||2,089||2,689||28%||63%||46%||General admin / customer service|
|Decumulation and pensions||1.53 per 1000 policies in force||N/A||5,762||6,773||27%||49%||81%||General admin / customer service|
|Investments||1.97 per 1000 client accounts||N/A||2,253||2,600||36%||51%||58%||General admin / customer service|
* This represents the percentage of customers who we recognise had a valid complaint in full or part.
Feedback - We like to hear from our customers so that we can keep improving our service. What do you think of our information? If there’s any feedback you’d like to give us then please use the 'Contact us' link at the bottom of the page.
Brands and trading names
Friends Life Ltd, Friends Life & Pensions Ltd, Friends Life Services Ltd, Friends Life Marketing Ltd, Friends Life FPLMA Ltd, Friends Life Investment Solutions Ltd